Judge Alexander R. Christine Jr., Adult Drug Court Judge for St. Johns County, will present a public education program on the benefits of drug court on Nov. 29 at 6 p.m. at the Solomon Calhoun Center, 1300 Duval St.
If offenders acknowledge their guilt and their substance abuse problems and go on to successfully complete a treatment program, their sentences may be reduced or charges even dismissed. The talk is sponsored by Compassion in Action, an initiative of Compassionate St. Augustine.
• The Salvation Army of St. Johns County will accept applications for its annual Thanksgiving/Christmas Angel Tree programs at the Salvation Army Worship Center, 1425 Old Dixie Highway, every Tuesday and Thursday from 9 a.m. until noon and again from 1 to 3 p.m. For more information, call 904-824-6956, ext. 4403 or 4407.
• The Wildflower Clinic, 268 Herbert St., hosts a medical clinics on Thursdays at 4 p.m. and Saturdays at 8 a.m. Dental extractions, X-rays and exams will be provided at 9 a.m. on Wednesday and Friday. For more information on these and other services, call 904-829-1962. Dental assistants and a dentist are needed for this the clinic, also.
• The St. Johns-Putnam-Flagler Chapter of the Charmettes Inc. are gearing up for their 4th annual Dothea H. Smith Cancer Walk to be held Saturday in support of cancer research and the American Cancer Society. The 2-mile walk starts at Mt. Tabor First Baptist Church, 4909 Saint Johns Ave., Palatka. The Charmettes are asking walkers to make pledge donations before the walk and also asking for volunteers. One hundred percent of all donations will be used for local organization in St. Johns, Putnam and Flagler counties. They are asking family and friends who have someone who has dealt with or is dealing with cancer to come out and walk with you.
• The Greater St. Marys Missionary Baptist Church will present Fall Gospel Fest 2017 on Saturday. Come get your praise on beginning at 4 p.m. at the Florida National Armory, 190 San Marco Blvd. Guest artists will include Tiana Kelly &Divine Connection, Phillip Mercer &the Sound of Prophetic Worship, and a special performance by GSMMBC Dance Group El Shaddai. The featured artist will be national recording artist Linday Slaton. Tickets are $20 with refreshments and hors d’oeuvres included. For tickets or more information, call 904-429-776.
• Serenity South @ St. Augustine, 271 West King St., will host Sunday services starting with Sunday school at 9:30 a.m. and morning worship at 10:30 a.m. Elder A. Dewey Britton and First Lady Carol Britton are the spiritual leaders.
• The monthly meeting of the West Augustine CRA Citizens Steering Committee will be held Nov. 13 at 7 p.m. at Collier Blocker Puryear Park, 10 North Holmes Blvd. Instead of talking about it, be about it, and come find out what’s really going on in the community of West Augustine.
• The Ravenswood Neighborhood Association’s next scheduled meeting Nov. 16 from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. at 39 Masters Dr. Send email to email@example.com for more information.
• New Jerusalem Worship Ministries extends a public invitation to Family and Friends Day Weekend on Nov. 18-19. On Nov. 18, activities will be held from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.; services begin at 4 p.m. on Nov. 19. New Jerusalem Worship Ministries is located at 5196 Avenue B; for more information, call 904-347-6449. Bishop James and Pastor Vanessa Lee are spiritual leaders.
• Toys for Tots will be held Dec. 16 from 10 a.m. until noon. This event is a toy giveaway for children from newborns to 12 years. Distribution locations include W.E. Harris Community Center, 6150 South Main St. Hastings (point of contact is Kerstin Atkins at 904-209-6156); the Solomon Calhoun Center, 1300 Duval St. (POC is LaShawnda Jones at 904-466-4309); and the Elks Lodge, 1420 A1A South (POC is Dean Cameron at 904-209-6168).
Events listed in the West Augustine community column are open to all residents of St. Johns County. The deadline to submit information is 7 p.m. on Fridays. To contact Linda Y. Murray, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline to submit information is 7 p.m. on Fridays. To contact Linda Y. Murray, email email@example.com.